Web Applications Engineer – Pronq by HP Software
Posted by Human Piontkowski on September 20, 2014
To apply to this job, click here.
Web Applications Engineer
The Online Business team at HP is looking for an engineer who can will develop web applications, back-end systems, and data integration. We are currently building our platform using multiple server application stacks – Node.js, Symfony/PHP, and a Drupal CMS among others. We are looking for an engineer who loves to put systems together, largely regardless of the technology.
As for necessary skills, we believe in explaining what we expect you to build and what your responsibilities will be, rather than listing arbitrary number of years of experience and technology requirements. Thus, you will be working closely with the Product Managers, UI Engineers, Server Engineers, Data Modeler, and Operations Engineers to maintain a seamless, cohesive server stack. To be more specific:
- Develop and maintain a multiple web applications and functionalities.
- Understand the full scope of business requirements.
- Understand the systems we are integrating with and the data we need from them.
- Work with the engineering team to define how we construct our database.
- Work with UI Engineers to write REST/JSON APIs for accessing data.
- Understand the interaction between modern client-side and server-side integration, such as Single Page Applications, HTML5 capabilities, and techniques in jQuery/AngularJS for data and template integration.
- Write services and business logic to integrate with new data sources.
- Maintain and improve broad range of server systems: CMS, MVC apps, web proxy, databases, SSO and others.
- Work with the Operations Engineers to ensure we can move data and the back-end systems from environment to environment in a continuous deployment fashion.
- Monitor and identify systems performance issues and implement solutions.
Hands on experience with following:
- Hands on development skills with variety of server technologies.
- Very strong in Linux-based application stacks (LAMP or similar)
- Close interaction with UI development teams.
- Several years of experience with PHP or other server-scripting technologies.
- Node.js experience a big plus.
- Hands on experience with database design and data modeling (MySQL or others)
- Web proxies (Varnish or similar)
- SSO technologies (SAML or similar)
- A little bit about our team and culture.
We believe that as engineers, we are not resources, we are not meant to fit into process. We are people that love to create, process is a tool that should be shaped to help us work effectively. We are a passionate development team that will challenge any assumption and drive to create real value for our customers. We believe that if we make a decision that turns out to be less than favorable, it is best to accept it, learn from it, and course correct. We strive to understand each other better and grow together. Oh, and we are an ego-free team.
We believe in building a great product, a great team, and enjoying every moment!
Job Level commensurate with background/experience of selected candidate.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
- Location: , Sunnyvale, CA ,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: Yes