To apply to this job, click here.
Rocky Mountain Scientific Laboratory
Location: Littleton, Colorado
U.S. Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess or be Able to Obtain: Secret
Schedule: Full time
Description of Business Environment:
Rocky Mountain Scientific Laboratory is an engineering technology and services company made up of scientists and engineers with advanced academic degrees and specialized experience. Our experts possess extensive knowledge and capability in energetic materials and military systems enabling them to offer analytical characterization, modeling & simulation, design, system integration, prototyping, test engineering, and proof-of-concept production services covering a wide range of applications.
RMSL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected status. An applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran can request reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our positions.
Specific Job Description:
The Software Engineer will be an integral part of a small cross functional team working on an exciting development project with cutting-edge technology. In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, building, implementing, and testing software in an embedded systems application. This individual must demonstrate innovation, an understanding of various engineering systems, out-of-the-box thinking and creativity. This position will report to the Program Manager.
The job duties will encompass the complete development lifecycle from initial design to system testing and will include:
- Create software design
- Programming software in C++
- Integrating software/hardware in a complex system
- Software requirements development and verification
- Optimizing software speed and efficiency
- Linux environment
- Fluent in C++
- Strong familiarity with software architecture and development environment
- Exercises creative thinking and innovation
- Passion for technology and upbeat attitude
- Works well in a cross functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Physical requirements:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time; must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.; must have the ability to see near and far and work with a computer monitor on a daily basis
- Required to bend, sit, stand and lift to perform job effectively
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Experience with embedded systems software and control systems
- Experience with embedded vision for robotic automation
- Experience in product development / industrial design
- Knowledge in Real-Time Operating Systems
- Knowledge of robotics systems integration
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable engineering or science field
- 3+ years designing and developing software, preferably in embedded systems
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Master’s Degree in applicable engineering or science field a plus
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic, team oriented, and fun environment. Some on-the-job training is provided; compensation and title contingent upon experience. If you are interested in knowing more about this great opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter expressing why this role may be suitable for you along with salary requirements to: email@example.com
Visit our website at www.rmsl.net to learn more.
- Location: , Littleton, Colorado 80127, USA
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: Yes