Posted by Human Piontkowski on September 20, 2014
To apply to this job, click here.
Product Manager, Big Data division of HP Software (Vertica + Autonomy)
Work in our Cambridge, MA office:
“Big Data” is all the rage these days, but the market is looking for products that skip the big-sky promises in favor of products and solutions that provide real business value. We at HP Software know the difference, and have developed a platform that enables businesses of all types to manage and analyze their ever increasing collections of data and become a true data-driven enterprise. Building this platform takes smart, savvy product management, and we’re looking for Product Managers that are up for the challenge. This position calls for someone who is passionate about building enterprise software platforms. You should feel as comfortable describing the merits of deploying an MPP platform with a market-leading CIO as you are discussing analytics with a Director of Marketing. You should have strong technical capabilities, but understand how to be the voice of the market as you drive product plans. You should be a proficient listener, a strategic thinker and a highly-motivated producer. If this sounds like you, then let’s talk.
- Work closely with customers, prospects and partners to understand their challenges and create detailed use cases and opportunity reports
- Work closely with developers and QA to ensure the product you intended to have built actually gets built
- Design pricing and packaging for various customer profiles
- Manage the entire product lifecycle, from strategic to tactical activities
- Drive product strategies that address market trends, customer needs and competitive positioning
- Communicate and clarify user stories and product requirements to engineering teams
- Perform detailed competitive and complimentary ecosystem analysis
- Support marketing go-to-market activities
- Coordinate product planning, development, and promotion with OEM and technology partners
- Participate in customer facing situations and user conferences as a product expert
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Software product management experience, particularly with data analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (computer science or engineering preferred)
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to drive cross-functional teams
- Experience writing detailed requirements
- Some travel required
Started in 2005, Vertica’s goal was to revolutionize the relational database industry by developing a tool to solve today’s analytical challenges. We accomplished just that by building a new system from the ground up. Our purpose-built analytics platform enables companies to monetize their data at the speed and scale they need to thrive in today’s economic climate.
Started in 1996, Autonomy was born out of research at the University of Cambridge and developed a variety of enterprise search and knowledge management applications using adaptive pattern recognition techniques centered on Bayesian inference in conjunction with traditional methods.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
- Location: , Boston, MA US,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: Yes