To apply to this job, click here.
Rocky Mountain Scientific Laboratory
Location: Littleton, Colorado
U.S. Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess or be Able to Obtain: Secret
Schedule: Full time
Description of Business Environment:
Rocky Mountain Scientific Laboratory is an engineering technology and services company made up of scientists and engineers with advanced academic degrees and specialized experience. Our experts possess extensive knowledge and capability in energetic materials and military systems enabling them to offer analytical characterization, modeling & simulation, design, system integration, prototyping, test engineering, and proof-of-concept production services covering a wide range of applications.
RMSL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected status. An applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran can request reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our positions.
Specific Job Description:
The Electrical Engineer will be an integral part of a small cross functional team working on an exciting development project with cutting-edge technology. In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for sourcing, integrating, testing, and optimizing electro-mechanical components and systems. This individual must demonstrate innovation, an understanding of various engineering systems, out-of-the-box thinking and creativity. This position will report to the Program Manager.
The job duties will encompass the complete development lifecycle from initial design to system testing and will include:
- Defining requirements and performing component, subsystem, and system level verification testing
- Optimizing system performance
- Works closely with Software Engineer to integrate software/hardware in a complex system
- Designing wire harnesses and cabling
- Hands-on ability to install, test and troubleshoot control systems
- Design control software in C++ or other languages, as applicable
- Strong knowledge of robotics components including electrical motors, encoders, controllers, etc.
- Design electrical control systems using appropriate hardware
- Exercises creative thinking and innovation
- Passion for technology and upbeat attitude
- Works well in a cross functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Physical requirements:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time; must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.; must have the ability to see near and far and work with a computer monitor on a daily basis
- Required to bend, sit, stand and lift to perform job effectively
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience with embedded vision for robotic automation
- Experience in product development
- Passion for robotics systems integration
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable engineering or science field
- 3+ years designing and testing control systems
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Master’s Degree in applicable engineering or science field a plus
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic, team oriented, and fun environment. Some on-the-job training is provided; compensation and title contingent upon experience. If you are interested in knowing more about this great opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter expressing why this role may be suitable for you along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website at www.rmsl.net to learn more.
- Location: , Littleton, Colorado 80127, USA
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: Yes