Associate Director, Communications & PR
Posted by Shana Kirshtner on September 22, 2014
To apply to this job, click here.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing content strategy development and public relations initiatives across all communications channels. Projects may include, but are not limited to, external content such as news releases, media statements, sales collateral, web copy and infographics, as well as internal communications including newsletter, intranet and campaigns. S/he will be responsible for understanding the brand narrative and maintaining consistent quality, tone, voice and style for a broad range of audiences, including customers, vendors, media, investors, employees and the general public.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create, manage and disseminate content for a variety channels including, media, email, newsletters, intranet, corporate web site and company meetings
- Develop content for press releases and infographics, including responsibility for writing, editing and managing content through approvals processes
- Manage relationships with media outlets
- Create and manage media and company statements for distribution across multiple channels
- Manage Corporate Communications copy clearance review process on key deliverables
- Oversee the development of content (PPTs and messaging) for company meetings and events
- Create compelling copy for sales materials
- Create feature story content for Corporate newsletter and site-specific updates
- Create internal communications content for intranet and functional campaigns
- Develop Investor script for quarterly earnings calls
- Create storyboards and video scripts
- Sustain and grow online communities (HubGroupConnect)
- Degree in English, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism preferred, with at least 7-10 years of related work experience
- Marketing, Public Relations or Corporate Communications background required
- Background in transportation/logistics required
- Outstanding communication skills a must; both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel executives regarding message content and delivery
- Proven ability to collaborate.
- Demonstrated results in working with and leading the thinking of senior management required.
- A diplomatic, relationship builder with strong professional presence and demonstrated ability to influence others
- Excellent writing, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage changing requirements and short timelines as well as multiple overlapping projects at one time
- Superior attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree, Communications or related field preferred
Hub Group provides the opportunity to participate in a variety of outstanding benefits. In addition to a business casual office atmosphere, the company offers the following benefit programs:
- 3 medical plans
- dental plan
- 401(k) plan
- long term disability insurance
- life/AD&D insurance
- vision insurance
- additional individual voluntary insurance plan
- flexible spending accounts
- scholarship award
- sick pay /short term disability programs
- vacation pay
- holiday pay
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise the Hub Group, Inc. Human Resources Department.
- Location: , Oak Brook, IL 60521, United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No