Account Manager (DoD/USMC Accounts) HARRIS CORPORATION
Posted by Tennille Callands on September 23, 2014
To apply to this job, click here.
Job Title – Account Manager
Job Location – San Diego, CA
Job Code – TCOM20140307-1671
Harris RF Communications is the leading global supplier of secure radio communications and embedded high-grade encryption solutions for military, government and commercial organizations and a leading supplier of assured communications systems and equipment for public safety, utility and transportation markets, with products ranging from the most advanced IP voice and data networks to portable and mobile single and multiband radios.
- The primary objective of the position is to grow sales of Harris RF Communication solutions within DOD accounts; specifically USMC Accounts.
- Responsible for managing opportunities in all stages of the sales pipeline. Must effectively prospect, qualify, propose, capture, negotiate and close.
- Responsible for developing, communicating and executing winning market plans and capture strategies. Ability to perform competitive assessments, identify attractive solution positions and articulate crisp value propositions.
- Responsible for effectively leading cross-functional teams to meet objectives.
- Responsible for developing positive relationships at multiple levels within the customer’s organization and influencing customer procurements so as to gain competitive advantage.
- The position will require at least 30% overnight travel with periods of week long absences when preparing bid responses or attending shows and seminars.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five years experience in sales, business development , capture management, and/or customer-facing program management
- At least five years serving government customers, preferably U.S. military customers.
- At least five years experience with information and/or communication technology, preferably tactical radio communications
- Experience leading teams in a matrix environment
- MBA or advanced technical degree
- Demonstrated success developing and closing large and complex sales
- A track record of consistent above-plan performance
- Strong process orientation and experience in structured selling programs such as Target Account Selling, Shipley, and/or Miller-Heiman
- Prior experience working with USMC and NAVAIR projects/programs
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
- Location: , San Diego, CA , USA
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: Yes